Restore Your Smile with Dental Implants
Do dental imperfections keep you from smiling? Do you feel self-conscious when you speak, due to a missing or decaying tooth? If so, you might benefit from undergoing dental implant treatment with JoAnn Martens, DDS. With dental implants, Dr. Martens can correct the look of missing, cracked, chipped, decaying or otherwise damaged teeth and restore dental function, for a healthy, beautiful smile.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a synthetic tooth root made of titanium, on top of which a dental restoration fixture, such as a crown, bridge or set of dentures, is placed. Dental implants are positioned in the jawbone. Once the implant has healed and the jawbone has fused around it, it will last an extremely long time with proper care.
Benefits of Dental Implant Treatment
Dental implants offer many benefits, including:
- Aesthetic improvement. By replacing a missing or damaged tooth (or teeth), dental implants improve the look of less-than-perfect smiles.
- Enhanced self-confidence. Patients with dental implants no longer have to feel self-conscious about their smile when speaking, laughing or smiling.
- Improved speech. Ill-fitting dentures can slip out of place, making it difficult to speak clearly. In contrast, dental implants fit securely, so patients never have to worry when talking.
- Comfort. Unlike removable dentures, which can feel unnatural, slip out of place or irritate the mouth, dental implants act and feel like natural teeth (once they have healed), making them extremely comfortable.
- Convenience. Conveniently, patients do not need to remove dental implants when eating or drinking, and they can care for them as they would their own teeth.
- Restored oral and dental function. Dental implant treatment restores dental and oral function, allowing patients to eat, speak, laugh and smile without worry.
About the Implant Procedure
Before restoring one or more dental implants, Dr. Martens performs a thorough dental exam. If she detects any oral health issues, she will address those first before starting the dental implant process. She will make sure that the implant is fully integrated and ready to receive a crown or a bridge. An impression will be taken of the implant and sent to the lab. In two weeks, you will have your beautiful new tooth or bridge.
Restore Your Smile — and Your Spirits
If you feel down in the mouth about dental imperfections, contact Dr. Martens for help. She can use dental implants to restore your smile — and your spirits.
Thanks to her concierge-style dental boutique, Dr. Martens is able to provide highly personalized patient care, from your initial office visit through your last follow-up visit. She is always accepting new patients. She accepts all insurances that allow you to go anywhere for dental care and she is a Delta Dental insurance Premier provider. Her experienced front office staff are always happy to answer any insurance questions you may have. To schedule an appointment with the Waunakee dentist and find out more about restoring your smile with dental implants, contact her practice by calling (608) 849-4424 now.